SHS Experiences FFA National Convention in Indiana

Submitted by nikki.argyle on Mon, 11/08/2021 - 12:03

Every year the FFA holds a Nationwide convention and expo. We got the amazing opportunity to attend the first convention since Covid 19 shut everything down in 2020. With bags in tow, we left for the Salt Lake City Airport at 5:30 on the 26th of October. When we arrived at the airport we went through the grueling process of TSA and check-in. Once we took off we were airborne for 3 hours. We landed at the Chicago O’hare National Airport. From there we toured downtown Chicago and saw the iconic bean. Then we loaded up and drove for another 3 hours to Indianapolis where we settled in for the week. The next morning we woke up bright and early for another day of tours. We toured some places including Ozark fisheries and to a Sugar camp where we got to sample some amazing products. Later in the day, we went to a honey farm where some of us got up close and personal with some bees. That night we went to bed anticipating the convention the next day. We woke up before the sun and piled into the vehicles and we were off. We arrived at the convention center and you could feel the energy in the air. After waiting in a line that seemed to take forever we entered. A sea of blue jackets engulfed the convention center. It was an amazing sight, there were students from all walks of life gathered in one place for one reason. FFA. After a few talks and a keynote speaker (Courtenay DeHoff) Once the opening session came to a close, we went to the FFA expo and explored. There was so much to do there. Whether it was trying to take pictures with other states, or talking to all the booths. There was even a surprise guest there, Mr. Dale Brisby. That night we returned to the hotel drained. We woke up again the next morning with the same excitement as the day before, once again we piled into the cars and went to the convention. That night we caught a bite and then went to the Cinch World's Toughest Rodeo. Who doesn't live a good rodeo? After the rodeo, we once again retired to the hotel for our last night. Early in the morning we woke up and packed our bags. Before we left we went to the convention center one last time to watch one of our members Willard Bradshaw get his American Degree which is the highest degree in the FFA. After that, we began the long drive back to the airport, back home. We arrived home safely on October 30. This is one experience that we will never forget. We are all looking forward to next year! 


Jaden Hall