SheTech Virtual Summit April 21
Registration is now open for your students, high school girls 9th-12th grade, for the SheTech Virtual Summit on April 21 from 3:00 - 5:00 pm.
Get your students registered early so they can get priority access to Girls in Tech Day, can participate in hands-on workshop recordings with tech companies and the SheTech Leaders Forum.
This year we have inspiring women, amazing role models, hundreds of tech companies, virtual tech workshops, and competing in the TechChallenge. And some other really cool things we will be announcing over the next couple of months.
If you have any questions please email me at Kristin@womentechcouncil.com
If you missed the live event on Feb 24, you can see a recording of the event by clicking here.
What is Code to Success?
Code to Success 2021 runs June 14th-July 23rd, Monday-Friday. Students can participate in either an On-Campus or Online option. The Nebo on-campus site is at the ALC (Advanced Learning Center), in Salem. The course is six weeks long, Monday-Friday, 8am-12pm.
If there are any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Great construction opportunities for seniors who are interested in a construction career. Click on the link above to download the brochure and learn more.
GIRLS WHO CODE VIRTUAL SUMMER IMMERSION PROGRAM
Apply to Girls Who Code’s Virtual Summer Immersion Program (SIP) for an unforgettable summer experience! During this FREE 2-week virtual program, you'll learn the computer science skills you need to make an impact, get an inside look into the tech field, and join a supportive lifelong sisterhood — all while being virtually hosted by influential companies, like Twitter, AT&T, Bank of America, Walmart, and more.
Current 9th -11th-grade girls and non-binary students are eligible to apply. SIP is 100% free and need-based stipends of up to $300 are available for those who qualify. Low tech? No tech? No problem! Girls Who Code is there to support you!
Apply here before the early acceptance deadline in mid-February and remember to affiliate with us, Nebo School District, as your Community Partner on your application to receive priority consideration.
Join the Girls Who Code Application Party! Sign up to attend the SIP Application Party with Candice from GWC on February 8th at 3:30 pm MST. Join a Girls Who Code staff member and other students to help start your application and ask any questions!
It's that time of year again. The CTE Scholarships go LIVE Monday, November 2! You may access the scholarship application at https://www.schools.utah.gov/cte/resources/scholarshipsawards?mid=3119&tid=0. We have a total of 113 scholarships to award to students who are a graduating senior or will be eligible to graduate before September 1, 2021! Please note: The Utah State University extensions (Blanding, Price, and Moab) will not be participating in the FY21 CTE Scholarships and Tuition Awards. All applications will be submitted electronically using the Adobe Sign platform. Please pay special attention to the following items as you help students fill out this application.
- Pay close attention to the Application Scoring and Preparation tab. This information lets students know how the application is graded and what essay questions need to be answered during the application process. It would be proactive for students to type their answers to the essay questions in a Word document and save the document. When filling out the application, students can then copy/paste their answers into the application.
- Make sure students have all documents needed prior to filling out the application. Students will need to complete the application in one session, meaning they are not able to save their progress and finalize later. It would be wise if students had all documentation saved to a folder on the desktop or a storage device. This will allow for easy upload to the application. The documents required for the application are:
- Signed USBE Media Release
- Letter of Recommendation from a CTE teacher
- Letter of Recommendation from another teacher, counselor, administration, etc.
- CTE Career Pathway
- Signed, unofficial transcript with all CTE courses highlighted
- All CTE skill certifications and industry certifications. These need to be scanned individually and uploaded separately.
- Please review the webinar from October 22, that talks about how to access the application and how to submit. You can review the webinar at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zub-kXqMcwo.
- All applications are due electronically on January 29, 2021. No application will be considering for review if submitted past this date.
CTE Student Learning Opportunities
Adobe - Create Utah
Utah has a statewide agreement with Adobe for its Creative Suite software. The project, called Create UT, is for students in grades 7-12 and all Utah faculty/staff. The license fees for the 2019-2020 school year are paid through appropriation from the Utah State Legislature. We greatly appreciate our legislators for providing this opportunity for our teachers, staff, and students.
Below are links to UEN and Adobe help sites as well as directions on how to install the Creative Cloud app.
- Instructions for Creative Cloud work at home.
- Creative Cloud System Requirements
- Creative Cloud App download, management, and support info
- Adobe Creative Cloud Learn & Support Guide
- UEN - Adobe Create Utah
Health Careers Discovery Program for High School Juniors & Seniors
Are you a high school student interested in pursuing a career in healthcare? Do you want to learn about medicine from real doctors and healthcare professionals?
Check out the flyers for a FREE program that explores careers in Health/Medical
- Utah's Career Connection (careers.utah.gov)
- Utah's Career and Technical Education System (www.utahcte.org)
- Department of Workforce Services, Utah's Jobs (http://jobs.utah.gov)
- America's Career Info Net (www.acinet.org)
- Utah Futures (https://utahfutures.org)
|19 Registration-1.png||1.8 MB|
|Health Careers Discovery Program - American Fork.pdf||340.98 KB|
|Health Careers Discovery Program - Utah Valley.pdf||341.3 KB|
|Adobe Work-At-Home Directions.pdf||222.06 KB|
|Code to Success Info Night Feb. 24th (1).png||757.69 KB|