DECA is an association of marketing students that encourages the development of business and leadership skills through academic conferences and competitions. Each competition includes a written test over business and marketing information, as well as two role-playings, problem-solving events. Students are judged on the basis of their ability to develop and communicate sound, creative, and thorough solutions to the problem situations.
SHHS killed it at Region on Friday, January, 21st. A big thank you to Kendall for working out Suburbans, Ryan and Madyson for their support in getting our students there, and Ryan Magoffin for bringing together such an amazing group of students the past few years. These students got their stairs in today as they were recognized on stage for their accomplishments. They were smiling from ear to ear!
- Top 10 in the Marketing test
- 3rd place in Sports and Entertainment Marketing
- 2nd Overall
- 1st in Buying and Merchandising team event
- 1st with their test scores combined in the marketing roleplay
- Top 10 on the marketing test
- Placed 2nd in Hotel and Lodging Management
- 1st in the combined test and role play
- 1st in Entrepreneurship and Decision Making
- 2nd in Entrepreneurship Combined Test and Roleplay