Spanish Fork FFA competed at the Area 5 Contests (regionals) this week at Springville High School. Maddy Nielsen did a great job representing in the Creed competition. Jesse Shepherd took home the win in the Prepared Public Speaking event with his speech about conventional versus cage-free chickens. He will move on and compete at the state level in March. The Agricultural Proficiency Awards honor FFA members who, through supervised agricultural experiences, have developed specialized skills that they can apply toward their future careers. Our chapter was able to have eight winners (which was over half the winners in our area) in different categories who will move on to the state competition in February. Congratulations
- Russell Mangelson Agricultural Education for putting on livestock camps and clinics.
- Lance Jensen Agricultural Services for his project with taxidermy.
- Tanner Voorhees Beef Placement for working at a feedlot caring for beef animals.
- Tanner Voorhees Diversified Agriculture for working with his crops and animal projects including beef, sheep, turkeys, pigs, and hay.
- Ellie Ash Equine Entrepreneurship for her businesses of giving horseback riding lessons, mustang challenges, and horse training.
- Jaiden Stewart Equine Placement for working for Reams Performance Horses, an exercise rider and working at Young Living Percherons.
- Wade Coombs Nursery Production for his work at Hansens Plant's greenhouses.
- Megan Stewart Small Animal Production for her dog breeding business.
In addition, Area Stars are named for those who best fit in four categories. Congratulations to Tanner Voorhees and Lance Jensen who are moving forward in their respective categories.