It's that time of year again. The CTE Scholarships go LIVE Monday, November 2! You may access the scholarship application at https://www.schools.utah.gov/cte/resources/scholarshipsawards?mid=3119&tid=0. We have a total of 113 scholarships to award to students who are a graduating senior or will be eligible to graduate before September 1, 2021! Please note: The Utah State University extensions (Blanding, Price, and Moab) will not be participating in the FY21 CTE Scholarships and Tuition Awards. All applications will be submitted electronically using the Adobe Sign platform. Please pay special attention to the following items as you help students fill out this application.
- Pay close attention to the Application Scoring and Preparation tab. This information lets students know how the application is graded and what essay questions need to be answered during the application process. It would be proactive for students to type their answers to the essay questions in a Word document and save the document. When filling out the application, students can then copy/paste their answers into the application.
- Make sure students have all documents needed prior to filling out the application. Students will need to complete the application in one session, meaning they are not able to save their progress and finalize later. It would be wise if students had all documentation saved to a folder on the desktop or a storage device. This will allow for easy upload to the application. The documents required for the application are:
- Signed USBE Media Release
- Letter of Recommendation from a CTE teacher
- Letter of Recommendation from another teacher, counselor, administration, etc.
- CTE Career Pathway
- Signed, unofficial transcript with all CTE courses highlighted
- All CTE skill certifications and industry certifications. These need to be scanned individually and uploaded separately.
- Please review the webinar from October 22, that talks about how to access the application and how to submit. You can review the webinar at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zub-kXqMcwo.
- All applications are due electronically on January 29, 2021. No application will be considered for review if submitted past this date.
If you have any questions regarding the CTE scholarship and tuition awards, please don't hesitate to contact me.